Writing Guide: Sections
How to Plan a Dissertation Schedule?
Stephen R. Covey says, “The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” Scheduling is very much important to complete a work before the deadline. Students must plan a daily schedule for dissertation writing process in order to successfully complete the assigned dissertation in an organized manner before the assignment submission date.
When students are assigned with dissertation assignment, they should not only estimate the extent of research to be conducted, but should also estimate whether the time and resources are sufficient. Accordingly, they should plan a dissertation schedule in order to ensure a smooth dissertation writing process.
Dissertation Schedule: Different Stages
Students should divide their dissertation work into different stages when planning a dissertation schedule. They should then allot specific number of days/weeks to complete each stage. Normally, a dissertation schedule plan includes the following five stages:
- Researching stage – Need to choose a topic, and make a thorough research on the topic in order to gather required information.
- Detailed planning stage – Need to prepare a detailed plan of the dissertation.
- Initial writing stage – Need to prepare an outline of various sections of the dissertation and collect additional information if required.
- First draft stage – Need to prepare the initial draft for the paper, and then edit it to get the required flow and length.
- Final draft stage – Need to prepare the final draft. Compile bibliography. Proof-read the dissertation.
Dissertation schedule is easy to plan when students use these ideas. The students should take care to estimate the time required to complete each stage of the dissertation schedule. They should plan the dissertation schedule such that they complete the dissertation at least one or two weeks before the deadline. They should work according to the dissertation schedule to complete the dissertation successfully in time.