Writing Guide: Sections
Essays on Mental Health Are Made Better Through Proper Editing
Essay writing is the most frequent academic writing exercise. Writing skills are developed through these essay writing exercises.
Essays on mental health are a writing exercise that many students have to undertake. Essay writing skills gained through earlier essay writing exercises make students confident. However, proper essay editing skills are the means to making essays on mental health better.
Steps for improving editing of essays on mental health
- Editing an essay on mental health can be broken up into two components – macro-editing and micro-editing.
- The two essential processes in macro-editing of an essay on mental health are subtraction and addition.
- Subtraction is the editing process wherein, what does not really belong in an essay on mental health is removed. Anything that does not support or act as examples to the main ideas simply clutters the essay, and need removal.
- The more difficult part in macro-editing is the understanding of what needs to be added in an essay on mental health. The starting point in such an exercise is to verify whether all the main points have been adequately supported. It is useful to use a quote in support of an assertion. Insertion of a topic sentence, when it is absent or linking paragraphs are also exercises in addition. Providing greater depth to the discussion of main ideas is an addition exercise that improves the essay.
- The micro-editing of an essay on metal health consist of improving use of language and removing language errors in the essay. Reduce the length of sentences for easy reading and comprehension. Check whether any structural and grammar errors are present and remove them. Finally, check for spelling and punctuation errors and correct them.
These steps will make the editing of essays on mental health better and improve them.